Mentioning here few points where it took more time to figure out the mapping.
Depending on your location, DNS changes may take up to 48 hours to take effect across the entire internet.
As mentioned here : https://wordpress.com/support/domains/map-existing-domain/
- Sign in to Google Domains.
- Select the name of your domain.
- In the top left, click Menu DNS.
- Under “Name servers,” choose Use custom name servers.
- Enter the name server values you got from wordpress as mentioned here. To add extra fields, click .
- Click Save.
At the time of writing , the WordPress Name servers :
Option 1: Update Name Servers Yourself
You can log into your account at your domain registrar and replace any existing name servers with these three domain name server (DNS) addresses:
Updated value should look as below :
Do NOT use forward domain
In WordPress console, mark domain purchased from google domain as Primary domain.
Refresh the page purchased from google domain (queryresolved.com in this example) and verify the redirection is working fine i.e. queryresolved.com loads content from queryresolved.wordpress.com without changing url in browser .
GSuite promo codes | Get 20% off your first year of G Suite when you sign up and apply above promotion code.